Fellowship / Internship Program
STA offers a Fellowship / Internship program as an opportunity for Fellows or Interns to gain Defense Contractor experience in a real-world environment. College graduates are eligible to be Fellows and College students are eligible to be Interns.
- Assist Fellows/Interns with enhancing applicable skills, including: interpersonal, research, communication, scheduling, and business.
- Develop basic knowledge of Government Contracting processes, stakeholders, and atmosphere.
- Provide broad overview of business activities and areas, so that Fellows/Interns can gain perspective of varying paths and types of work.
- Government contracts environment
- Technical paths
- Financial / Programmatic paths
- Internal / Business Operations
Structure / Schedule:
- For College Graduates: ~2-4 month Fellowship. Level of effort is approximately 20 hours per week.
- For College Students:Multiple ~8-10 week Internship sessions per year, timed around academic calendar – Sessions in Spring, Summer, and Fall. Level of effort is approximately 20 hours per week.
Our inaugural Fellow, Abby, did a terrific job with her research tasks! ...Thanks Abby!!!